Be prepared to walk all day on this tour – from 9am until 5pm. On this day, a Lesley Whyte Photography senior photography guide and mentor will meet you at your central city hotel and guide you through Auckland city. Don’t worry, we do take rest breaks for morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea, with a glass of New Zealand wine to finish the day before returning you to your hotel.
As well as the amazing street photography opportunities, you will also learn something about the history of Auckland itself through the people, places and architecture that you will see.
Some areas of interest may include:
- Symonds Street Cemetery – Auckland’s oldest cemetery
- Karangahape Road – Auckland’s edgy alternative fringe
- The University of Auckland’s Gothic-inspired Clock Tower
- 1YA radio broadcasting studio• Entry to Sky Tower for views over Auckland
- Albert Park with views back to Sky Tower
- Wynyard Quarter – Auckland’s vibrant new waterfront precinct
- The Strand and Queen’s Arcade in Queen St
- Shopping precincts of Federal Street, High Street and O’Connell Street
- Auckland Town Hall.