For this full-day tour, you will be visiting places that are not on the regular tourist trail, but which offer the following fantastic photographic opportunities:
- Landscape photography at the rugged west coast beach of Piha with its unique rock formation, Lion Rock, and its black iron sand which gets very hot in summer. Piha is renowned for its surfing, kite surfing, rock fishing and surf carnivals. We will send time walking the beach looking for patterns in the black sand, photograph fishers and surfers in action and perhaps, if the surf is up, you may get some great long-exposure shots. Please note that your choice of shots will be guided by time, tide, weather and the season.
- After the beach, it is traditional to have an ice cream and we recommend the iconic Kiwi hokey pokey double-scoop ice cream in a cone. Our treat!
- Waiatarua, at the peak of the Waitakere Ranges in Auckland’s west, with extensive views across Auckland, offers fantastic panoramic photo opportunities
- Explore the bohemian suburb of Titirangi, which is home to some of New Zealand’s best-known musicians, artists, writers and potters.
- Enjoy a delicious two-course lunch at Iti, an eatery set in Titirangi’s native bush. Iti has an extensive selection of craft beer and local wines for you to enjoy with your meal.
- Babich Wines for some wine tasting (and the chance to buy if you wish). The Babich family have been making wine in New Zealand since 1916 and boast three generations of innovation, achievement and winemaking excellence.Take some photos of this slice of New Zealand history.